Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Protein Power!

I started the morning off with plenty of protein by having these DELISH protein pancakes. I have posted about them before but want to bump up for others to try if you didn't see the older post. They are easy to make and very good. I use a Tbsp. of peanut butter with a little agave as syrup for them for extra protein (even Jake eats them!)



Protein Pancakes
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 egg
dash salt
Grind all together in blender and let set for about 5 minutes then I fry in unstick skillet sprayed in butter flavored Pam. Makes 2 small or 1 large pancake.

Then for lunch I had a hot dog on lite wheat bun with a few pork rinds (not the best lunch):
What's everybody eating today? Share any good recipes!

4 comments:

  1. I made protein pancakes this morning too! It's delicious. Great minds think alike :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOO going to try those! YUM! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My meals are not really planned around food groups. I live a weird shift working life and work with all men. On day shifts - 7 days a month - they take it in turns to cook a big dinner and I eat whatever they give me - but only eat half the plate ( less if its big or bad) The rest of the time, when i'm more in control of my food choices I have a breakfast of crackers and cottage cheese, fruit for dinner and I mostly make soups with fresh homemade bread for evening meal. I make all kinds of soups - meat, fish and vegetable.
    I aim to eat less food than I need to stay the same weight therefore to produce a loss, and I don't count anything, its all pretty intuitive. I count no food and I never weigh - the only thing that is measured is my clothes size and I've lost 5 sizes in 5 months, so its working. I am sorry that doesn't sound like much of a plan.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you posted the recipe. I've been wanting to try these, so I will and let you know how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete