Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 10, Well Crap...

This is me:
I got all screwy in the head yesterday and blew the points out the window, so guess who was up 2 lbs this morning (not supposed to weigh in until 2mar morning but I told you I had issues with weighing every day and then freaking out!) Well!! Well I guess I am freaking out today because I am dealing with some serious down-in-the-heart issues. I have been trying to get a few pounds off as I have previously posted, since December 26 and da nada, nothing, not a crumb. But I am not giving up, I am going to continue this blasted points program and stay OP and just see what happens. I am really curious how others are doing on the new program. I am going to fish around, looking at blogs, etc. and just see. For the most part all the blogs I have on this site seem to be doing pretty good. Maybe it's just me...I don't want to be a fatty, I don't want to continue to have these issues in my head, I want to be healthy. Well, I will say this for myself, I am not going to quit, I still haven't had soft drinks or alcohol and other than a couple of slips, yesterday being one, I am hanging in there and am eating more fruits, veggies, etc. I even bought a butternut squash this morning. Going to try this recipe from Hungry Girl:
Bake-tastic Butternut Squash Fries 2.0

PER SERVING (1/2 of recipe): 125 calories, <0.5g fat, 158mg sodium, 33g carbs, 3g fiber, 6g sugars, 3g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 0*

Getting baked butternut-squash spears crispy in the oven can be a bit of a challenge. This newly improved recipe will show you the way...









Ingredients:1 butternut squash (about 2 pounds -- large enough to yield 20 oz. once peeled & sliced)
1/8 tsp. coarse salt
Optional: additional coarse salt

Directions:Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Slice the ends off the squash, and then cut it in half widthwise. Peel squash with a vegetable peeler or carefully with a knife. Cut the round bottom piece in half lengthwise and remove seeds.

Using a crinkle cutter or a knife, carefully cut squash into spears/French-fry shapes. (For exact nutritionals, measure out and use 20 oz.) Pat spears firmly with paper towels to absorb excess moisture. Sprinkle evenly with salt.

Lay spears out on a layer of paper towels, and let stand for at least 5 minutes, to allow the salt to draw out any excess moisture. Then pat with paper towels again. If you like, sprinkle with additional salt.

Spray a broiler pan, a baking rack placed over a baking sheet, or a baking sheet with nonstick spray, and then lay spears flat on it. (Use two pieces of bakeware, if needed.)

Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, and then carefully flip spears. Bake for about 20 minutes longer, until tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. Enjoy!

MAKES 2 SERVINGS

No comments:

Post a Comment