Had a Green Monster, 1 orange and handfull of spinach (I say 1 pp Marisa!) for morning snack and some mixed fruit for late afternoon snack.
Lunch was a HUGE salad with leafy greens, 2 Tbsp corn, broccoli, green pepper, carrots, 5 oz. baked chicken breast, 2 Tbsp. light Ranch dressing, and a few little crunchy thingys (I am figuring about 11 pp):
I am working out every evening on my elliptical and in a week have worked up to 25 minutes on Level 2. I know I have along way to go to get to where I need to be on this thing but last Saturday I could only do 5 mintues on Level 1. I have exercised every day but one this week and I am proud of that.
As I have said I have a few recipes I have found on different blogs and I hope to try them out this weekend. We may get more storms this weekend so we will be stuck inside and I will be wanting to eat so I plan on HAVING A PLAN where food is concerned. I really want to try the Pizza Chicken and here is one if the urge over comes me and I have to have something sweet, I am wanting to try. It is Low Fat Banana Bread Cookies by Shannon's Kitchen Creations (this is her picture of the cookies, not mine!) sounds good:
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 banana, very ripe
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal (old-fashioned)
- 1/2 cup raisins, dried blueberries or dried cherries. (I used cherries)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. In a bowl, thoroughly mix melted butter, sugars, banana, egg and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
4. Mix the flour mixture into the banana mixture.
5. Stir in the dried fruit and oatmeal.
6. Drop dough by tablespoons onto a baking sheet sprayed with pam.
7. Bake for 11-14 minutes until set and golden.
8. Cool 5 minutes and remove from tray right away to a cooling rack.
Makes 30 cookies, 2 Points+ each
I know, I know, here I am wanting to eat lower carb and talking about cookies! I said IF the urge becomes to great I may have to give them awhirl, or maybe someone else might like the recipe too! Have a good weekend everybody!