Friday, April 1, 2011

I'm Back for a Little

Sorry, I have been out of comission but I have been keeping up with how everyone is doing. Between work, my son's dr appointments, and a bad case of TMJ I am behind in posting. I haven't been able to take any pictures lately but I promise to start next week ( I know I promised to do better this week but it's been a booger...) My camera doesn't take good pics so you aren't really missing too much anyway. I didn't make my goal to be under 205 lbs by yesterday but I stepped on scale this morning and made it. A little April Fool's my body played on me I guess. My exercise for this month was much more slacking than the first couple of months so instead of focusing so much on "pounds lost" this month I want to increase exercise, which is part of my goals for April. My eliptical is here and now comes the daunting process of putting it together. Hope to start working out on it this weekend sometime.

The son wants to go to see "Hop" this weekend which means I will be secretly carting in my purse my snacks. I love popcorn but as everyone knows movie popcorn is killer in points so I will just take a little something more points friendly. Any good snack ideas for moving watching?

Here is a recipe I plan on trying this weekend:

Pizza Chicken from Linda's Low Carb Menus and Recipes:
1 boneless chicken breast, pounded flat if thick
1 Tbsp pizza sauce
4 slices turkey pepperoni
1 tsp olive oil
2 fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 thin green pepper rings
2 thin red onion rings
1 oz mozzerella cheese
salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning to taste
Season the chicken with salt and other seasonings, grill (I will have to bake mine, grill not up and going yet) Saute the mushrooms, peppers and onions until tender, not mushy; set aside. Spread sauce over cooked chicken, then top with pepperoni, the saute veggies and last the cheese. Sprinkle little extra Italian seasoning if desirded. Bake at 350 about 10-15 mintues or until cheese is melted.
I am going to servie mine with a big salad! Here is a picture of it from her site:
Hope everybody has a great weekend and has some good healthy eats!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! That looks good!

    Glad you made your goal, it doesn't matter when. Keep up the good work :)

    For the movie, you could pop your own popcorn, especially the 94% fat free kind. Or maybe almonds or pretzels. Good idea taking something else, that way you can keep the portions/ calories right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my lord, that looks DELISH!! I always bring my own snacks to the theater cuz I'm sneaky like that. :) Some light popcorn and pretzel goldfish usually hit the spot!

    Although let's be honest... I'd eat extra butter movie theater goodness by the shovel if I really had my way ;)

    - Emily
    @FitandFreeEmily

    ReplyDelete