Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Food Scales

I finally broke down and bought the food scales and as I was weighing different types of food last night I was shocked, SHOCKED! at how many points I have been eating just having a baked chicken breast. The meat alone off of just a "normal" size chicken breast, not one of those big-ass-honkers you can get pumped up with chemicals and sodium, just a small one mind you was 10 points!!! I won't even go into my sliced ham. Geez...but I am guessing the wake up calls with portions will just continue. I bought the Biggest Loser Kitchen Scale for $19.99 at Bed Bath and Beyond:



I wanted to share dinner last night, and I will quit putting yellow-orangey food on an orange plate, just something my son likes to eat out of and an easy grab, but I did the recipe from NutmegGirl's Open Faced Canadian Bacon Cheddar Cheese Omelet http://nutmegnotebook.com/ (she had Gruyere Cheese but I didn't have that...) and it was good. I used spinach instead of kale. Mine was 6 points as I cooked it in Brummel and Brown.

And here is breakfast, Wheat Bagel Thin with egg fried in Brummel and Brown and a Nanner:


I realize I posted a few days ago that I may be eating too many eggs and here I am having them for lunch and breakfast! smile!! They are such easy protein though...Snack before lunch was another Green Monster: 1 orange with cup of spinach and lots of ice.

Lunch today was blah for me, I had the rest of the ham (2 oz!) on 2 slices whole wheat bread with 1 tsp Hellman's Lite Mayo (I ended up taking the cheese off, just didn't want the 2 points) and a bunch of raw veggies for 6 points and I guess I will get all crazy wild later this afternoon and eat an apple. (Have I mentioned today the scales still aren't moving except a little up then a little down, over and over again for the last 3 weeks?)
Everyone have a great rest of the day, again, as I can will blog or not blog over the next couple of days. It's crazy around here.

Oh yeah, one more thing, have you looked at how everyone is passing around the Protein Pancakes recipe? I will be trying these babies out sometime soon! 3 big ones for 7 points+ check out  My Kitchen Adventures post on them and Loser for Life has also posted on their deliousness. Will see!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't the food scale a humbling purchase! I have one too, and when I started on weight watchers, I was shocked at what was considered a "serving". Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plateaus are hard to deal with. I had mine around the same weight as you. Just keep pushing, you're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, maybe I should pick one of those up.

    I just saw those pancakes on a blog, and I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete