Monday, March 21, 2011

Protein Pancakes

If you haven't tried 'em, you gotta try 'em! They are smoking hot good! I didn't get a picture, I was too busy eating them. I made 3 good size ones and topped them with a little lite syrup and they were delish for 7 points. Here is the recipe I got it from mykitcheadventures.blogspot.com:
http://www.mykitchenadventures1.blogspot.com/

as seen on Preventionrd 

Servings - 1   Serving size - four 6" pancakes or 3 bigger ones   Points Plus per svg - 7 points+
Calories - 280,   Total Fat - 3g,   Carb. - 32.8g,   Protein - 30g,   Fiber - 4g

1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
1/2 cup egg beaters
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
dash of salt
water ( optional )

1.  Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor ( I think next time I will use my magic bullet!) and process until smooth and combined.  About 30 seconds to 1 minutes.  If batter seems too thick to you, add a bit of water to loosen. Allow to stand for 5 minutes. 
2.  Heat med nonstick skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray on med-high heat.  Add batter, about a 1/4 cup at at time ( for the smaller cakes, a bit more for bigger cakes) and spread evenly with a spoon.  When bubbles form on top and the edges start to get dry, flip and cook other side.  Repeat with the rest of batter. 

Well, I have managed to drop 1 lb in the past month and I am not going to gripe about it after the struggle to just lose that pound. I don't think I realized how hard it was going to be to pull this weight off, or yet maybe I did and that is why I have put the effort off for so long. More later...

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the loss! glad you liked the pancakes! they are soo good, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for also putting the calorie count for these! i count calories, not points! i may have to give these a shot.

    ReplyDelete