Friday, February 4, 2011

Cherry Almond Chocolate Clusters

Here I am back on my own little diet blog, still hanging in there with the WW Points Plus Program. Today while searching I ran across a recipe by Ellie Krieger from Food Network called "Cherry Almond Chocolate Clusters" and here is a simple recipe for when the chocolate cravings tear through (every.single. month.)



1 cup toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
6 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
In a medium bowl toss together in the almonds and the cherries. Line baking sheet with wax paper. Melt chocolate in microwave (she has  lengthy double boiler instructions if anyone is interested). Stir fruit-nut mixture into the chocolate. Spoon out heaping tablespoon sized clusters on the baking sheet. Put them in fridge for set for 15 minutes.

I don't have points value (not supposed to print that) but I will try and get the nutritional value figured out.

Not much news from my world, I took another hint from Danica's Daily this morning and fixed an egg sandwich: 8 points
1 egg fried in non stick skillet
2 slices whole wheat toast with little brummel and brown

No comments:

Post a Comment